Monday, April 12, 2010

Your First Birthday












Dear Adriana,
Last Friday was your First Birthday. You would have been 1! Can you believe it? We celebrated by having Dairy Queen with you, (one of your favorite Treats! I even got your favorite, a French Silk Pie Blizzard with extra chocolate! :) We set a blanket down and sat next to you. There was Me, Daddy, Grandma, Aliya, Jessica, Aunt Ella, Loa and Emi. The kids had fun taking balloons and letting them go for you to get them. They enjoyed watching them float to Heaven. The kids were having fun and running around the Cemetary, at first I wasn't sure if that was appropriate, but there wasn't anyone having a service at the time, so we sure werent bothering anyone, and besides, it was your Birthday, I am sure it made you happy to see the kids having fun and celebrating with you. I wonder if you were watching or there with us? I could not help but think about what you would have been doing if you were here with us, you would probably just be barely learning to walk, it would be so cute to watch you trying to walk and falling on your little bum when you got bumped just a little bit, with your cute little red hair that I would have had in a little pony tail on top of your head like a little water spout. Then you would probably cry and I would hold you close to me and kiss your little squishy cheeks to make you feel better. We brought you some really colorful flowers, a little windmill, and balloons. I hope you enjoy seeing them. They made me happy looking at them. After the cemetary we went to the Hospital were you were born and the kids donated really cute Easter stuffed animals with tags on them in your memory. They felt good about giving them to the hospital to donate to other children that have lost a baby brother or sister, just like they felt good about receiving Stuffed bears after you passed on, from other family's that lost a baby. We had such a good time with you. Happy Birthday my sweet precious Adriana.
Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. My Dear Sweet Kristina, it breaks my heart to read the beautiful things you say when you talk to your angel baby Adriana. I spent her birthday with you, and your beautiful family; and it was a sweet experience. I feel so blessed to be your mother, and grandmother to your children. Very soon we will welcome your fourth child into this world. We will then have tears of joy, and we can enjoy spoiling this little one. I'm sure he will be held most of the time, and Aliya & Jessica will be very attentive and loving. I love you all so much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. so precious. well, you have made it til this terrible, special day. What a great birthday - I have always wanted an April baby. Such a perfect time to be at a graveside too, with our weather. I am so touched by your sweet letter to her. Good for you guys for making it a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to do a post about the cookbook? I am going to add one today - hope that's ok. It is taken from your email. thanks for passing that on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina, what a special way to celebrate Adriana's birthday. I think that was really neat to donate stuffed animals in her memory. I'm so sorry that your family had to experience the loss of beautiful Adriana. She is truly an angel baby. Happy Birthday Adriana, and sorry we couldn't be there for you on your birthday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. With lots of love.

    ReplyDelete